We’re moved in! After weeks of renovations, Arcx Studio has opened its doors at 1616 Vine Street on the first floor of an Italianate three-story building in the Brewery District.
Built in 1900, the building was originally German tenement housing on its upper floors and a saloon at street level. In 1922, Arthur Brand & Co. Phonographs occupied the first floor and in the 1930’s it transitioned to the Cincinnati Vacuum Cleaner Supply Co., which remained for over a decade according to the Williams’ Cincinnati Directories. Until recently, the building was owned and operated by the St. Francis Seraph Ministries – once the Bookshop and later the Sarah Center. Although there have been many commercial tenants along the years, the space still has much of its original architectural detailing including tin ceilings, tin wainscot, and a mosaic tile vestibule. We love its history and character!
Please stop in and say hello.